Rental Houses or Condos in Woodstock
Contents: Recent Listings, About Woodstock Rentals, About Woodstock, Other Places to Look for Woodstock Rentals, When Renting Makes Sense, Moving Assistance, About this list.
CHIMALIS LLC RENTALS
None of my rentals are currently available, however, you never know. I do maintain a waiting list for our other Chimalis LLC properties (shown above) if you wish to contact me.
OTHER HOUSES AND CONDOS FOR RENT IN WOODSTOCK CT
I can't help you with the other properties listed below - they are not mine!
Recent Listings for Houses and Condos for rent in Woodstock CT - updated weekly so do check back. Unless otherwise noted, the listings below are NOT my properties - I am not a realtor and can't show you properties I don't own.
Here’s what the local Shopper's Guide (which comes out Tuesday) and Woodstock Villager (comes out Fridays) had for Woodstock rental houses or condos. (I don't display apartments for rent.) See other places where local rentals may be listed. All Woodstock CT phone numbers are (860) area code. I do NOT guarantee the accuracy of any information on this website. Also check Craigslist. Beware rental scams on Craiglist from people who list properties they do not own. They may only communicate via email, and ask for a desposit check which must be sent to a foreign country.
- Woodstock Meadows Condo for rent - Two bedrooms each with its own full bathroom, plus a great room, fully applianced kitchen and laundry with washer and dryer- all on one floor. Clean electric heat, 2 A/C wall units AND a wood burning fireplace. Sunny, spotless, freshly painted. One car detached garage and parking for an additional vehicle. Full unfinished basement. Located near Roseland Park. $1095 per month, plus last month's rent and one month's security. Tenant is responsible for utilities. One year lease. Sorry, NO PETS OR SMOKERS. Renter's insurance required, credit and references are checked. Available July 1, 2013. See photos. Contact Lisa Davidson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 860.377.8747.
- May 16: No listings.
- May 8: House for rent in Woodstock - 2BR, 2 car garage. Kitchen appliances. $1200/mo. References and security deposit rquired. No smokers, no pets. Call the Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500.
- April 18: No new listings.
- April 3: Woodstock house for rent, 2 BR, 2 full bathrooms, quiet country setting with brook in backyard. $1500/mo. Call 860.974.3270 for more info. (Listed again 4/10)
- February 27 - March 12: No listings.
- February 13: Woodstock 2BR condo for rent at Fawn Ridge. Private, quiet, with deck, basement, huge back yard. Available Feb.15. New floors, windows, doors, appliances, new washer and dryer. Two off-street parking spaces. $925/mo. 1st, last, plus 1 month security, 1 year lease. 401.480.7019.
- February 6: House for rent in Woodstock CT. 3BR, 1.5 BA, Finished basement, 1 car garage. New hardwood floors and rugs. New kitchen with new stainless steel appliances. Excellent condition. $1250/mo. Call 860.617.1439.
- January 30: No new listings.
- January 24:
- Woodstock house for rent – 2 BR, 1.5 bath, stove, frig, washer, dryer, 1 car garage, oil heat, security deposits required. No smokers, no pets. Lease $1000/mo. Call The Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500 (listed again 01/30, 02/06)
- South Woodstock, 6 room, 3BR 1 BA ranch style home on country road, some hdwd, stove, frig, dishwasher, mud room and first floor laundry, available Feb.1. Located on County Road. $1100/mo plus utilities. Ask for Effie, 860.928.0456. (listed again 02/06, 02/13)
- December 12:
- Woodstock Townhouse for rent, clean, quiet, adult complex. 2 BR, appliances, laundry, deck. No pets. No smoking. $750/mo. Call Jim at 860.933.6817. (Originally listed 11/7, Listed again 12/12)
- See listings for December 5 and November 28
- December 5:
- Available 01/01/13, 8 room 2 bath farmhouse in Woodstock CT with hardwood floors, fireplace and two car garage. Located on a country road. $1200/mo plus utilities, ask for Effie, Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.928.0456. (listed again 12/12)
- Woodstock CT 3 BR house close to town. Bath and 1/2. Excellent condition, hardwood floors, new kitchen and appliances, $1300/mo + first and last. Utilities not included. 860.617.1439.
- November 28:
- Woodstock lake house for rent. 3 BR, 2 BA. Nice neighborhood, $1300/mo plus utilities. Call 860.974.2333. (listed again 12/12)
- November 14, 21: No new listings, see October 17.
- October 31: No new listings.
- October 24: 3 BR 1 BA, very clean. $1300/mo. 1st, last, security. 860.928.5984 or 860.617.6354
- October 17:
- 3 Bedroom House for rent on Bunggee Lake in Woodstock CT. Enjoy the private lake year round. $1500/mo. 860.234.6939. (listed again 10/24, 11/7, 11/14)
- Woodstock CT Cottage for rent: Small one bedroom cottage, $825/mo., heat, parking, trash included. Call for more info: 401.678.0013
- South Woodstock CT house overlooking Roseland Lake: neat, clean 5 room, 2BR with fireplace, hardwood floors plus newly updated kitchen, stove, frig, dishwasher, microwave, attached garage. Includes 1/2 tank of oil to get started for the winter. $1000/mo. plus utilities. Small dog or 1 cat considered. Ask for Effie, Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.928.0456 (listed again 10/24, 10/31)
- Single family ranch style home located on 1.2 acres in Woodstock Valley. 3 BR, 2.5 baths upstairs, cathedral ceilings, skylights, x-large kitchen with separate dining area, sunken LR with wood burning insert. Additional 2 BR and living room downstairs, 2 car attached garage, plus additional workshop/garage in basement, attached deck, nice year. Quiet area next to forest. $1850/mo. One year lease accepted, two year preferred. Just minutes off the I-84 corridor. Pets considered. 860.315.7116. (Listed again 10/24)
- October 11: No new listings.
- September 26: One BR cottage in Woodstock, CT. Available October. Gas heat. Parking. Great for singer person. Taking applications. $725/mo. 401.678.0013.
- September 19: No new listings. See Sept.12, Aug 29, July 25
- September 12:
- Woodstock CT: See July 2, August 29
- Woodstock Valley CT home: 3 BR, 1 BA, 200 sqft, 2 car garage, lake rights, energy efficient, private yard. 860.974.2561.
- Lake Bungee, Woodstock CT: Year round, use of private beach and lake to enjoy boating, skiing and swimming. Pets welcomed. $1550 per month. Please call for details. 860.234.6939. (Listed again 09/19)
- September 5: No new listings, see August 29 and July 25
- August 29:
- Woodstock CT Condo: 2BR, beautiful unit and location. No pets/smoking. All maintenance provided. First and security. References required. $975/mo plus utilities. Call 860.912.8356.(Listed again 09/05, 09/12, 09/19)
- South Woodstock CT house: Just off Senexet Rd., 5 room, 2 BR ranch with upgraded kitchen, hardwood floors, living room with fireplace and sun room overlooking Roseland Lake. One car garage included. $1000/mo. No pets. Ask for Effie, Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.928.0456. (listed again 09/05, 09/12, 09/19, 09/26, 10/01)
- July 25:
- Woodstock Ct - 3BR, 1 BA, very clean. $1300/mo. 1st, last security. 860.928.5984 or 860.617.6354.(listed again 09/05, 09/12, 09/19)
- July 18:
- 6 room, 3 BR, 1.5 BA house in nice area of Woodstock CT. Recently remodeled. Screened in porch overlooking woods. Energy efficient home with electric heat and wood stove to keep energy costs under control. $1200/mo with first and last. References and credit check. Occupancy Aug.1. 860.974.1574 or 860.9428-2238. (Note from webmaster - second number appears to have a typo)
- Lakeside luxury condo in Woodstock: New everything. Quiet 2BR, close to MA border. $1150/mo plus utilities and credit check. No smoking/pets/garage. 860.465.6905.
- South Woodstock house: cape style, 2 BR, 1 BA antique house near the village. Charming with wood floors and early period decor. Washer hookup. $895/mo. plus utilities. Available Aug.1. References, credit check and security required. Pine Knoll Real Estate, Effie Vinal, 860.928.0456 x 13 (listed again 07/25)
- West Woodstock APARTMENT - 8 room farmhouse apartment with 2 large barns and over 20 acres. $1500/mo. References, credit check and security required. Pine Knoll Real Estate, Effie Vinal, 860.928.0456 x 13 (listed again 07/25)
- July 11:
- Condo in North Woodstock, 2 BR, modern, clean, quiet in small lake side complex. Semi-furnished option. $1100/mo plus utilities. Credit check, no smoking/pets. 860.465.6905. (listed again 07/18)
- 4 BR house for rent in Woodstock, 2.5 BA, 2 car garage, gleaming hardwood floors, huge closets, acre+, wood stove, idyllic neighborhood. Available anytime between 8/1 and 9/15. 1st, last, sec. 1 year lease (1-4 yrs renting possible.) $1900/mo include full name, email and phone # to email@example.com. (listed again 07/18)
- See April 4 Bungee cottage weekly rental.
- July 4: Woodstock Townhouse for rent. 2 BR, Great location, laundry, cellar storage. No pets. No smoking. Available Now. $750/mo. Call Jim at 860.933.6817. (listed again 11/7)
- June 6, 13, 20, 27: No new listings. See below.
- May 30:
- Woodstock CT condo: 2BR, 1.5 BA, garage, fireplace, deck, full basement. All appliances including washer/dryer. Central air. Small, quiet complex near Putnam line. No pets or smokers. One year lease required. $1000/mo plus security. Available 7/1/12, Jocelyn, 508.735.1176.
- Woodstock CT Quasset lake rental: 5 room, 3 BR, 1 bath, waterfront. Applianced kitchen with pantry, washer, dryer in bathroom. 2 screen porches, overlooking water. Great for swimming and boating. $1250 plus utilities. Pine Knoll, Effie Vinal, 860.928.0456x13 (listed again 06/06, 6/20) Note: A caller told me this place was not in good condition.
- May 23: Woodstock condo rental: 2 BR, modern, quiet, clean, many extras. 1st, last, security @ $1175 plus credit check. No pets/smoking. 860.465.6905. (listed again 5/30, 06/06, 6/13, 6/20)
See previous listings
About this list
We live in Woodstock, CT and own five rental properties, which are currently occupied by wonderful tenants. See Why Rent from Chimalis. Since I keep an eye on rental activity in town anyway, I figured I'd set up this webpage on other houses or condos (not apartments) for rent in town, as a service. (I am not a real estate agent.) If I miss a week or two, it's because I'm out of town on travel. I make no claims/warrantees about these other properties. (Please do not call me about rentals that I do not own as I can't help you - contact the number listed in that ad.) Best of luck to you in your search!
About Woodstock Rentals
There are not very many houses or condos available for rent in Woodstock. (Although 2000 census data said there were 3,044 housing units in town, and 462 were renter-occupied, approximately 95% of people will rent at some point in their lives).
Most advertised houses here run about $1200-1800 per month. I've seen some as low as $700 (usually tiny or in very poor condition) but most start at $1000 and run as high as $2100. Condos may be $850 to $1400. A one year rental agreement is usually required. After that it may be month-to-month. Generally the tenant is responsible for utilities. Very few landlords allow smoking. Typically no pets (especially dogs) are allowed because landlords have had bad experiences. (See some tips for pet owners.) The first and last months' rent, plus a security deposit, are generally required. Credit and references, and criminal records are often checked.
Woodstock is made up of six distinct villages: South Woodstock, Woodstock Hill, North Woodstock, East Woodstock, West Woodstock, and Woodstock Valley. It's rural and beautiful, with a small but diverse population ranging from farmers to PhD's. It's also a big town area-wise, at 62 square miles. The median home price as of 06/07 is $320,000. For more information about quality of life, the educational system, jobs, etc., click here. Also see the Town of Woodstock website.
Other Places to Look for Woodstock Rentals
Most non-realtors list rentals in the Shopper's Guide/Turnpike Buyer. It comes out locally every Tuesday. Unfortunately the ads are not available online.
You might consider placing an ad that you are looking for a rental, or if you want a place for less than one year.
It's a good idea to start looking as far in advance as possible. Demand seems to be greatest before school starts. If you find something you really like and can afford, I recommend that you don't dilly dally. Our homes often rent to the first person who looks at them.
NEWSPAPERS and ONLINE LISTINGS
REALTORS: Not too many Woodstock realtors handle rentals. You can try:
- Effie Vinal of Pine Knoll Real Estate at (860) 928-0456
- Monique Maldonado, Prudential CT at (860) 913-7414
- Beeches Real Estate at (860) 928-2500.
- Diversified Real Estate at 860.774.3661.
- A&A Management, 860-779-2325.
When Renting Makes Sense - More Info
Moving Assistance - Links
- Relocationessentials.com - where to move, info on cost of living, tax rates, crime and school quality, home values, predominant age groups, academic backgrounds
- Moving411.com - logistics of packing and choosing a mover, list of rights and responsibilities, free quotes, tips, calculator to figure out weight, size moving truck needed, number of boxes needed. etc.
- Newsvoyager.com - search websites of local, international and college newspapers.
- Outside.in tracks news stories from local media outlets (newspapers, TV stations blogs, message boards) with filtering capabilities.
- Rent to Own info and FAQs - also see How to Buy a House Using a Lease Option (WikiHow)